Direct Pathway to Australian Citizenship for New Zealand Citizens!
Australia is a country known for its diverse geography and unique wildlife. A place with various landscapes, deserts, rainforests, mountains, and coastlines. Australia and New Zealand both with British colonial roots. Before 2001, new zealand citizens were able to enter freely and stay indefinitely. But with visa changes in 2001, bought a difficult time with limitations and conditions. Under the new changes, Special Category Visa upon arrival in Australia was granted to New Zealand citizens.
But the time has come when the changes have been made, and a direct pathway to Australian citizenship has been announced for the New Zealand citizen. Prime Minister Anthony Albanese, the Minister for Home Affairs and the Minister for Immigration, Citizenship and Multicultural Affairs announced it himself. This is a game changer, every new zealand citizen calling Australia their home can actually apply for Australian citizenship.
Who are eligible to apply for the Australian citizenship?
All the people who are with special category visas in Australia can apply for Australian citizenship.
Eligibility Criteria for New Zealand Citizens to Apply for Australian Citizenship
- If you want to apply for Australian citizenship, you must be a Permanent Resident or New Zealand citizen when your application will be decided.
- You must be in Australia while your application will be decided.
- You must intend to live in Australia and maintain a lasting link with Australia while overseas.
- You must be a four-year resident in Australia.
- You must be 59 or younger to be eligible for this.
- If you are a parent you can apply for your dependent child 15 or younger without paying any extra amount.
- If your child is 16 or 17 then they must apply on their own.
Cost for applying for the Australian Citizenship
- A dependent child of 15 or younger applying on the same file as the parent does not have to pay anything.
- A child of 16 or 17 has to pay $300.
- An adult of age 59 or younger has to pay $490.
To end this, I would just like to say that changes are being made all over the country. This is one of the amazing change that is being made for something amazing, as Prime Minister Albanese: We know that many New Zealanders are here on a Special Category Visa while raising families, working and building their lives in Australia. So I am proud to offer the benefits that citizenship provides.” Providing the best to the people is one of the best qualities a Prime Minister must have and he is doing it. I just want you all to know about all such amazing changes in the future as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When can you apply for Australian citizenship?
You can apply to become an Australian Citizen from July 1st, 2023.